- What information does Equipsafety collect?
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (for example, on an application form or through the way you transact with us). This information may include, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services and how much you spend and the Equipsafety stores that you purchase from.
- How does Equipsafety use your personal information?
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business such as:
- processing your orders;
- providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
- dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). Where such contact is via electronic means and you no longer wish to receive these notifications you may opt out by sending us an email;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings;
- for general administrative and business purposes;
- improving our online shopping service to offer you a more personalised service.
Equipsafety may use 'cookies'. Cookies are an element of data that the website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
- Website Analysis Tools
Equipsafety uses Google Analytics to collect information such as the number of visitors per day or the number of pages requested per day. In order for this to occur a small piece of code is placed on each page which counts these statistics.
- Sharing your information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- credit reference or debt collection agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise), who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- our group companies (some of which are based outside of New Zealand) who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
- anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your information is processed;
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services.
- We may share non-personal, non-individual statistical or demographic information in aggregate form with our marketing partners although these statistics will not have any personal information which would identify you. If you would like to opt-out of receiving Equipsafety marketing materials, please use our online contact form to inform us. Even if you opt out, Equipsafety may still need to send you essential information about your account.
- Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Accessing your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information, if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending a request using our online contact form. Please quote your name and address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data). In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.